Earth Day on April 22nd is an international event to support and celebrate environmental initiatives.
It is a day of learning and change to promote being more active in environmental causes. This year the focus is on ending plastic pollution. Reduce, refuse, reuse, recycle and remove.
Below are five easy ways we can help make a difference.
- Purchase reusable mesh bags to replace plastic bags you receive from grocery stores
- Use a reusable water bottle instead of buying plastic ones and simply throwing them out
- Many food containers from restaurants are durable enough to reuse for your kitchen storage so consider keeping them
- Join or start a lakefront or walking trial clean-up in your local community
- Properly recycle the plastic you use
Finally, make sure you set aside some time to enjoy all our beautiful Earth has to offer. Go for a hike, bike ride, head to the lakefront or just relax in a park and appreciate the moment.
Happy Earth Day!